Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Lushnje!

July 25, 2016


 Alright so this week was super crazy as usual! We have been running around a lot but it's been great. 
One of the cool things that we have been doing is we have been helping some missionaries in Germany that have Albanian investigators that are refugees so we have been doing skype lessons! It's cool being able to teach them and help the missionaries out in Germany and these Albanians seems super solid, it makes me wish they would move back to Albania! 

   We also got to meet with our really cool investigator J. again this week and it was awesome, he is a super happy guy and really loves the lessons. He isn't sure about a baptismal date right now but I think he will get baptized!

  The crazy thing this week is we were in the middle of a skype lesson when I got a call from President and one of the missionaries was going to be going to Germany for some medical stuff so we would be in a tripanionship for the weekend! Their area had a ton of work and had some solid baptismal dates so we just went down and spent the weekend in Lushnje! It was a ton of fun. I honestly loved it there. It is a small city with a ton of surrounding villages and there is just a ton of farms and stuff. It honestly reminded me of Idaho! Going out to peoples houses and seeing all their gardens and chickens and stuff was so great! There was a cool vibe to the city for sure! We also got to be with Elder Harlin which was super fun! He is an awesome Elder! So that was my first time living in a city south of Tirana! I actually liked it too!

  There were a lot of super poor people there though. Such a different style of living than Tirana. They have next to nothing and everything seems to be rundown but you always see the book of mormon on their table and it's just awesome to see that it doesn't matter what kind of circumstances you are in, the book of mormon can help you!

  It was also super nice being back in a small branch! Like I love Tirana and all the members but you don't feel as "needed" as you do in smaller areas and it feels much less like a family! After that first Sunday in Lushnje I felt like I was more of a piece of that branch than I was to the 4th ward which is kinda sad! 

  With all the moving around though there has just been so much in my head all week and man it has been stressful! It always seems like everything just happens all it once, it can't come just bit by bit. Like you'll have a normal Monday-Thursday then all of a sudden the weekend hits and everything changes! That's one of the few things that I won't miss about being AP is just having to have so much stuff going on in your head at once. To be honest I probably make it worse worrying about it, but really there is always so much going on, I don't know how President does it!

  Life is awesome though! Once again going to have a crazy week! We are taking Elder Rigby home so that'll be sad. Hope you all have a great week! Go jump in the pool for me because that is basically what happens every time I walk outside! Love you! Have a great week!


Lushnje!









No comments:

Post a Comment