Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 1, 2016




Alright so pretty awesome week this week, I feel like I don't have a ton to fill you in on but I'll give it a go! 

To start off the week we took Elder Rigby to the airport which was super weird. Each time I go to the airport now it's missionaries that I'm closer and closer to. It's hard not to feel like your saying goodbye forever even though likely I'll see most of them again #BYU!! Anyway Rigby was a super awesome missionary in Macedonia and I'm going to miss him a ton! 


  Also we have been teaching this awesome family over skype and they have been progressing well and then all of a sudden the mission president in Germany wanted them to get baptized this week and we still had a ton to teach them so we were going to haul through the lessons but we called the sisters on tuesday and they were like "Hey we have news... The family is now back in Albania!" turns out they got sent back here and so hopefully we will be able to find them and do the baptism here.

  We had interviews with President this week and it was awesome. Honestly I'm sooo lucky to have President Weidmann as my President. He is just a huge example and such an awesome guy. One of the best parts about being AP is just spending more time with him. He's been talking a lot to us missionaries about safety and listening to the spirit to keep us safe because of how crazy the world is getting- kinda sad that it even has to be mentioned. We also got to start doing transfer meetings this week which was fun! I always start getting really excited for next transfer but it's still a bit off! Tonight we are having a special family home evening for the Swiss Independence day so I'm pretty excited for that!

  Probably one of the best parts of my week was Saturday evening. There is this super awesome guy investigating the church in Prishtina right now who is literally named I. and I had a lesson with him and he accepted to be baptized on the 30th of July and I told him I would call him on that day. So I called him and he was super excited and we talked for a while. He is way funny, he told me I had to let Farnworth go to a concert with him or he wouldn't get baptized. He had to move his date a couple weeks just to deal with his family because he told them and they all freaked out. 

Then of course while I was calling Kosovo I had to call B. and talk to him for a while. He has finished his mission papers and is going to get interviewed by President this week so he can submit his papers!!! So awesome. He was solid when he got baptized but his testimony has grown even more since then! I remember when he first got baptized we talked about how he had to come to church at least every other week because he would be in Peja and stuff and now Saturday night talking to him he was telling me how he is worried that he might miss one day of church and trying to think of how he can keep going. He is so awesome and a huge example to me. He told me I had to wait for him to get home from his mission before I get married and I told him I wouldn't make any promises and he just said "its ok I know its hard for missionaries not to get married after they get home" I died laughing. It always is just a huge spiritual boost talking to him. I'm sure you all might be sick of how much I talk about B. but he just means so much to me!

   This week was awesome, we went tracting out in a village and had some pretty good success so hopefully we will be able to get some good work going! Love you all!


We all went bowling for Pday!


No comments:

Post a Comment