Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Mission Conference

June 27, 2016


Super tiring this week this week! I got to the end and was just like ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. It's probably going to keep going for the next couple weeks too so that'll be great!! This is my last week with Elder Befus which is super crazy! The time has FLOWN by - its blowing my mind! I just realized that this week I hit my 6 months to going home mark so that was pretty crazy! Honestly the worst part of this week is that my sisters are going home! I have been in the same kinda area as Sister Jackson my whole mission so it's going to be a huge bummer to see her go! I definitely am starting to feel a little old! Not like I'm trunky but just kinda realizing that I'm not new anymore! 

   The craziest part of this week was definitely mission conference it was so crazy! I felt like super under prepared as always and of course there were some technical difficulties which made everything almost not work! and there was a bathroom flooding and so the whole time I was switching back and forth between giving trainings and mopping a bathroom so by the end of the whole thing I was soooo dead! It was a great mission conference though! I gave a training about having fun/being happy as a missionary which is a topic I love so that was fun to do. I just got to tell all of my goofy stories of getting people to talk to me after my many hours of street contacting! My sisters gave their final testimonies so that was super awesome to hear! We also took before and after pictures and they were super funny! 

  Also super crazy thing that happened this week is an Elder who went to Finland that was in my zone in the mtc baptized an albanian who got deported the day after his confirmation back to Tirana so I got to call my old mtc friend which was super fun! We are now on a quest to try to find him!
  
  Before church this week I got a super interesting phone call... it was Elder Mero's mom!!! She said they want to meet me before they leave!! Elder Mero baptized his dad on Saturday in the ocean so that is super awesome! I wish I could have been there! By the end of my mission I swear I'm going to meet like all of his family! The funny thing is I'm meeting all his family on my mission but when we come back he might still be here and he could meet you guys on his mission!

  We had some great lessons with two new people! They were both just super sincere open genuinely nice guys! One of them is actually from Greece and he is like the Eastern Europe Budah, he is just such a happy dude and his smile seriously looks like Budah! I want to baptize him soooo bad! He was talking about how people live their lives way too fast here and burn themselves out and how we should enjoy taking our time and living life to the fullest and stuff. He basically needs to write a book of proverbs!

  Anyway next week is transfers and I can tell you who I'll be with! It's going to be a pretty rough transition being senior AP I think but we'll see! 

Anyway have a great week, love you all!





No comments:

Post a Comment