Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Saturday, June 25, 2016

E.'s Baptism

 June 20, 2016


 Super crazy week! So first of all on Tuesday we went over the G. family house (the dad is a member and we are teaching his two kids who are 20 and 24) and they had a bunch of extended family over and we taught a ton of people in a mega lesson and have now started teaching some of their cousins now too which is super awesome! They are such a fun family! They are super weird but way cool! I really think that they will get baptized as long as none of the parents are against it or anything!

  And G. also gave us a referral and this was like the most prepared guy of my entire life! Like from the time we started the lesson he was saying he knows this is the road he needs to follow and just soaked in everything we said! He also wants us to teach his family! At the end of the lesson we were explaining baptism and he actually asked us when he could be baptized! Soooo awesome! He has 4 kids and a wife so hopefully we will be able to teach all of them!

  We also went over to G. house and taught his wife and daughter in law and I had met his wife before and I thought I understood her the last time but I must have been lying to myself! She speaks the craziest Albanian ever! Like even after living in Kosovo it's just so much mumbling and stuff it's basically impossible for us to understand. G. has to translate some of the stuff she says because we just don't get it!!

  It's also been super hot this week! Like getting up to 95 degrees! We were street contacting in the shade and I was sweating just standing in the shade!! And considering it's only June I think I'm in for some rough days! Also I have never had to experience city heat in Albania and it's horrible! All that cement just kills you!

  The best part of this week was definitely the baptism though! Our homie E. got baptized!!!! He brought his sister to the baptism which was way awesome! Also our friend who was less active that we activated was the one that baptized him so even cooler! It was actually such an amazing day because there were three people that all got baptized during that service! I have never been to a multibaptism like that here and it was so spiritual!  E. was so happy after - it was amazing! 

  Sorry I feel like a ton happened this week but I don't really know how to put it all in an email I'm doing super awesome! Next week is mission conference so that'll be exciting! Also of course I have to wish all the fathers that helped me get out here a happy fathers day! Especially my dad who is the best in the world! Love you all have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment