Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 60

April 4, 2016

 Hello! From my own private computer, ya i know right it's ridiculous! But true. Anyway it has been a crazy week but it is starting to slow down!


  To start off with last week was pretty crazy, I got the call that I would be going AP and then the next day I got pretty dang sick and stayed that way! It kinda took the glamour out of transfers but beyond that I wasn't even feeling well enough to pack for myself so Elder Anderson was awesome and really helped me out!

  Anyway Tuesday came around and I was still feeling pretty sick but we had to go to Tirana and get transfered so we loaded up the car as best we could and took off (I later realized I forgot a bunch of stuff but I was just not in a state to remember everything). So we got to Tirana and the craziness began! Just so many missionaries to deal with and I was in charge of getting everyone where they were supposed to be and making sure they didn't just sit around in the office. Luckily Elder Befus knew I wasn't feeling well and really helped me out with everything. I felt bad because I just wanted to put on a good face and make everyone think I was doing alright and everyone just assumed I was super overwhelmed with all the AP stuff and I just told them I was tired! Luckily we got everything done and everyone got out safely!

  That evening was super awesome because we got to hang out with the missionaries that were going home and have dinner with them and the Weidamnn's homemade meal!! It was so awesome, the missionaries going home really had such great testimonies. Elder Rasband was one of them who I really love! He stayed the night at our house and then we had to wake up at 1am to take the missionaries to the airport and send them off so that was brutal! It was so crazy seeing missionaries going back to America! Then went back home got a little more sleep and it was back to the craziness! 

  We were trying to get all these fliers out for general conference because it was the first time being translated live into Albanian so we had to get those out to the other missionaries!

  Thursday was super fun because we picked up the new missionaries!! Man that was a cool experience! It made me feel super old. Actually since becoming AP it has given me such a different view of missionaries and missionary work. I just look at it sooo differently than before because I know so much more. I feel much more conscious of the other missionaries and how they are feeling and what is going on in their head! Something I never really thought I would have. Just very interesting how different this is already making me. The responsibility really is kinda heavy! It really sucks knowing things and not being able to tell anyone or anything it is super hard especially because I'm soo used to being the last one to know things and being able to talk to everyone about it! Anyway back to the new missionaries coming in it was hilarious! Just realizing that was me and trying to be super positive about everything! They are all so excited to start working. Taking them out to street contact for the first time was way cool. They just had no idea what was coming and got the full experience! It was fun having them stay at our house and listening to them talk about how excited they were.

  This week was conference so for Saturday and Sunday we were combined with 2nd ward and it was way cool going back and seeing everyone! It was also cool because they actually remembered me!   I was so tired during general conference from all the running around we've been doing and it was all in Albanian so I've  downloaded all the talks on my computer so I can listen to them in english and really take them in.

  To close things off, my companion Elder Befus is awesome! He is from American Fork, Utah and is super cool. I think we are going to get along really well. We already have had a super fun time together, but we have been so busy it's been tough to really take the time to get to know each other! It was interesting because we were talking and he said he was really excited for this transfer and to serve with me because he heard I was a hard worker and would push him and it made me think like dang that is how other missionaries are seeing me. Not really making me get a big head or anything but kinda made me think I need to live up this and show that I'm deserving of what of done on my mission so far. 

It's interesting because I've been serving in areas that are "removed" from the rest of the mission for the last 9 months where I've never really been with the majority of the other missionaries and now I'm right in the middle of EVERYTHING so it's just a very different change!

  I apologize this is such a long email with so much random stuff I'm just trying to give you all a little taste of what my week has been like! A lot of juggling stuff in my head trying to remember everything that needs to get done and failing! I'm super happy though, I'm around great members, get to be around President more, get to be around other missionaries more, and get to do some good work here in Tirana.  It's going to be a great transfer! Anyway, love you all! Bye!


Adam and his new companion, Elder Befus.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment