Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 18, 2016

This week we went to jail :)

 April 18th, 2016

We had an awesome week this week! 

First of all it seems like every week we are in the office less and less which is awesome! 

It's funny I have realized my love for street contacting as I haven't been able to do it as much lately.  My mission for the last 9 months has just been straight street contacting and I feel like I've gotten pretty dang good at it! It was funny after our first day of a lot of street contacting I was like man if there is anything that I have learned to do on my mission as of yet it is to street contact!  Haha I love it!!

 So this week we went to jail! It was pretty crazy, the other elders had an investigator that dropped off the map and they had no idea what happened to him and then randomly his sister called them and told them he was in jail! So we went out there to see him and it was so depressing! We got to share a message with him and we are pretty sure he is innocent and will hopefully be getting out soon so that'll be good!

  One of the tough parts about the mission here is that there are super solid people that get baptized and you're like man they are awesome and are going to be a big strength to the church.  But the thing is a lot of  times when people join the church their life gets a lot better and they get more successful and they end up going to other countries to have a better life and then you're just right back to where you started in trying to strengthen the church here!  It's tough because you are happy for them but at the same time you're like we need you so bad here!!!

  One of my favorite parts of the week is I got to go on an exchange with Elder Mero!! It was soooo much fun! It was awesome being back together again! We also had a super successful day together contacting and teaching! We had a lesson with this awesome kid who had such good questions and then came to a baptism afterwards and asked when he could get baptized! It was crazy but super awesome!

  Anywho I feel like a ton happened this week but at the same time I just don't have a lot to write about so sorry about that! I'm doing awesome! Love you all!


District P-day up at Kruje


Elder Guymon with Elder Befus and President Weideman


No comments:

Post a Comment