Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 11, 2016

This is the life!

April 11, 2016

Ok... Weekly email! Holy cow this week had so much stuff that happened.


  As AP something super awesome that we get to do is we have FHE with President at his home with his wife and a couple senior couples every Monday and it is soooo much fun! This last week, 2 of presidents daughters were visiting from Switzerland with their kids and so they were there for FHE which made it even better! There were 2 little girls that were barely 4 and I was like dang this is kinda like Grace right now it was super weird! It was funny because one of the girls was 7 and I was talking to her and she doesn't actually speak English super well (she is from Switzerland of course) and so I kept accidentally trying to explain things in Albanian instead because that's my default if they don't speak English!

  One of the coolest parts of this week was MLC (Missionary Leadership Committee) Which is when the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders all get together and we train them on what they need to train their zones and stuff! It was kinda scary, it was my first time giving a big training and I was like the new guy there so it was a little freaky. It was really awesome though super spiritual and super fun being with all the leaders of the mission and getting them excited for the work!

  This week we had a little more time to get out of the office and do some real proselyting and street contacting and it was actually soooo nice! I found out this week we are the only AP's in the European area that have a proselyting area with our office work! It blew my mind! Like in other missions here if you get called as AP you just stop having a proselyting area for 
 6 months! That would drive me crazy! It was sooo nice being able to do street contacting for me and just really get out and talk to people because I have been feeling super bad about not being able to get out there and do it as much! 

  We had some good lessons this week and had a super funny experience. We were teaching this one couple who owned  a coffee bar kinda place and so we were out back teaching them and then this old dude came and they pulled out this super old school communist looking medkit and used a heart rate monitor thing and checked his blood pressure, said it was high and then just gave him some mystery medication that he took without questioning anything! I was like are you a nurse or something? and she said no and I was like ok you're just an Albanian Mother! She laughed so hard because they love it here that like Albanian mothers kinda can do everything but it was just one of those things like man this would never happen where I was from! :)

  This Sunday morning was the craziest morning of my entire life I think! OH MY GOODNESS! So Saturday evening we get a call from Bishop and he is like Elder do you have the Sunday afternoon session of general conference and I was like ya bishop 100% I have it for sure! And he was like ok bring it because we are going to watch it for church and then do a combined sacrament meeting with 2nd ward and so I said of course! And then we get into bed that night and I was like ohhhh crap I have conference in English not Albanian!!! So we were like alright we will just go to the office in the morning and download it and it will all be alright. So we leave our house in the morning and head over to the office and realize we locked our keys in the house so we were like oh CRAP! Finally we get an office key from a senior missionary (we have spare keys at the office) So we get to the office in the morning and start downloading it and all of a sudden the computer shuts down! I was like oohhhhh my gosh what the heck! Restart it get it downloaded and fly over to the church and we were like ok we are here. So we plugged it in and then we realized that the remote for the TV was missing at the church! So we found out a member had accidentally taken it home with her so we get in the car and meet up with her, get the remote, get back to the church and turn on the tv and click to open my hard drive and.... it just sits there, for like 5 minutes. I was like oh my gosh this is truly a nightmare! I thought my harddrive was in the wrong format and so it wouldn't read but finally it did and it all worked out! I just went to the back and sat down with the other missionaries and let out like the biggest sigh of my life! It was just soooo stressful! I think I aged like a year! But we finally made it through and then the rest of the day was great so I truly have a testimony that God rewards us for going through trials. :)

  Anyway just loving the life! I have a super awesome district! It is way fun being able to be with Elder Muncy again! And Sister Jackson as well! It's pretty crazy because she is going home at the end of this transfer and we came into the mission together! I'm going to be taking my MTC sisters to the airport which I think will be really weird for me! It's kinda strange starting to become like the older person in the mission. It's annoying because I feel like I'm supposed to be some sort of example for these younger missionaries but I have just felt so under-qualified my entire mission to do all this sort of stuff! It's really just a testimony that God makes up the rest!
Love you all!



Meeting the US Ambassador to Albania!


No comments:

Post a Comment