Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 11, 2016

Sweet blessings

January 11, 2016

I have another super random thing for you guys to look up, its called Salep. It's like this powder they put in warm milk and it's basically like you are drinking cinnamon french toast! (Thats how I describe it). It's super yummy though I don't know if they have it in America!

  We had a super successful week this week so it's been pretty awesome! So basically Lezhë is like the land of miracles! We had a million numbers for there so we planned our lessons for only 30 minute increments and we would just get up from one lesson and get to the next and just stayed at this hotel the whole day! It was super awesome, our numbers were super high this week which makes me so happy because I just wanted to hit the ground running there and show President it's ready to go and we sure did! We don't have anyone super promising right now but we are doing well.

Also we have been looking for a teaching center there and man that sucks. I don't know anything about buying a house or anything and all President said was 2 rooms and a bathroom so pretty vague! We seriously just call tons of numbers and have been looking at buildings! It's so lame because all of them are close but not quite! There is this perfect place right in the center of the city but the dang guy won't answer his phone! Ugh! The struggles I never thought I would have as a missionary!

  It's crazy just the random things that I have seen that I am learning as a by product of being a missionary. Dealing with landlords (and just house problems in general), learning to live off of less than I thought I needed, buying a lot, cooking, just countless things honestly! It really is not only an amazing spiritual and serving experience but just a boot camp for real life!

  I definitely have still been Prishtina trunky a few times this week but not so bad. I'm starting to actually know my way around Shkoder so that helps a lot! Also today we have been in Tirana for P-Day so I have hung out with Elder Muncy all day so that has helped. I'm not going to lie I really love that kid and look up to him a ton. He is a stud. He is also training a kid from England who is just hilarious so they are like perfect together.

  So we actually live in this house that has 3 levels and our landlords live on the middle level and they are members! They are way awesome! They are also are the members that have been active for the longest amount of time and they love missionaries! The wife Mimoza makes us food all the time and she is so nice!

  It's been raining here in Shkoder/lezhë a ton so that's been a joy.  Albanians pretty much just don't go outside if it's raining so it's really hard to actually get lessons but we have been having some good success still. I'm pretty sure in just these last 2 weeks I've tracted more than my whole mission though just because we tract a ton in Shkoder. Basically it rained non stop for 4 days straight and so from my knees down I was just permanently soaked! Our house is pretty cold so my shoes would never dry too so that was super lame!

  We got a challenge from President Weidmann to read The Book of Mormon in a month so that's pretty crazy! I have never really thought about trying anything like that but we are all doing it across the mission! Any of you out there ambitious enough I would definitely recommend that you try it. It's definitely not going to be something easy but I know if I can find the time to do it than you all could! I know that it would definitely help you! It's such an awesome book honestly I'm super excited to see what it's like to do this! So ya you have 30 days!

  Other than that just been seeing some sweet blessings in our work! Especially in Lezhë.  Elder Anderson and I just keep talking about how lucky we are to have the opportunity to work there! It's just something super awesome! Definitely trying to make the most of this opportunity!

  Love you all have a great week!

Cathedral in Lezhe

Home

selfie

talk I prepared

No comments:

Post a Comment