Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 25, 2016

Lezhe is open for business!

January 25, 2015

 Alright so yet another thing you should look up: Sideritis. It's this plant that is made into a super popular tea here that is soooo good! They call it mountain tea and it's supposed to be like super good for you. Also something interesting about the city of Shkoder is how many bikes are here! Like you wouldn't believe it! The thing is the roads are super weird here and it's kinda hard to navigate by car and you have to take these long round about ways to move just a small amount and so just everyone uses bikes it's crazy! 

  This week we got the contract signed for our teaching center in Lezhe and man that was the most stressful thing ever! Trying to make sure it was all filled out properly and that he was ok with everything I was freaking out! Then we went to Tirana and we watched this super awesome missionary broadcast which was a training for every missionary in the whole world. After the broadcast I went to President Weidmann and told him I needed to talk to him and he was like I need to talk to you too, I've been thinking about it and you need to start looking for a house in Lezhë!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh I was so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means that we did it! We had enough success that Lezhë is now officially going to be a city that has missionaries in it and called to serve there!!! It was seriously like Christmas! Little did I know finding a proper house is not an easy task! We looked around the whole city and found all these numbers but nothing has been working out! We are still working on it. We have to be out of Shkoder by the 13th of Februrary because there is a senior couple coming and they will be in the Sisters house and the sisters will be in our house! So not a lot of time!

  There are so many people that I want you to meet in this mission - it's crazy! It's just like I'm out here for 2 years meeting all these people that are honestly changing my life and I want you to meet them so bad! There are just so many people who have known me for so little time and have treated me so well  -like I'm family! It's amazing, I definitely want to come back and visit here with you so you can meet all these people that I've been able to serve! I truly see how this place will have a special place in my heart for the rest of my life!

  We had this amazing sacrament talk this week from a member of the stake that came. He talked so amazing and it was so helpful to everyone in the branch and just for me! He talked about how being a member of this church requires sacrifice and if it didn't then it wouldn't be the church and just all this awesome stuff it was so cool!

  On our way back from Lezhe one of the nights, Elder Anderson and I were talking and we eneded up just getting on the subject of how awesome President Weidmann is! It seriously just blows me away how cool he is! I'm definitely super grateful to have him as my president. We honestly couldn't say a single bad thing about him if we tried. He is just awesome!

  Anyway I'm doing great hopefully I'll have some house stuff figured out this week and have some good stories from mission conference! Love you all!

Our official teaching center in Lezhe!



No comments:

Post a Comment