Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy New Year!

January 1, 2016


Alright honestly it's been so long since writing one of these I don't even know where to start there is too much information! Sooo....
  I'll just start with Christmas, it was super awesome! We were given a list of movies that we were allowed to watch so we decided to make the most of it and woke up at 4am to start watching them. :)
 We watched Frozen and Chronicles of Narnia and then we went up to the Hydricks and we all opened up presents together which was super fun! Then we all went to Bondsteel the American military base and got to have an amazing lunch and then we got to go and look at all the blackhawk helicopters and stuff because one of the soldiers with us was a pilot! It was really awesome! Then we went back and skyped which was  so good! It was much less hard for me this time which was super nice. I definitely miss you guys but I am happy being here. After that Sister Hydrick made us an awesome Christmas dinner and we watched Tangled together! It was a super awesome day honestly! It's funny how little importance the gifts were in the day, like of course I loved them and thank you so much for sending my gifts and stuff they are awesome! Especially the thermals those were very needed! And the puzzles! but really why I loved my day is spending time with all my family there in Prishtina and just having a great time together. 

  Anyway after Christmas the next big news is that I got my transfer call! And I am in Shkodër but we are trying to open Lezhë!! I was so surprised but so excited when I heard that. I honestly wasn't expecting anything like that! No one knew that President was going to be opening up Lezhë. Honestly I have been wanting to try to open a city sooo bad I'm so grateful for this opportunity! I'm with Elder Anderson who is from Elder Mero's group so he just got trained! He is a stud though! He is from Salt Lake City and came right out of high school. I think we are going to be able to do a ton of work here together! In our district the sisters are Sister Fuller and Sister Olsen! I'm so excited to serve with Sister Fuller again! The elders are Elder Wright and he is training a new Elder who is from Germany which is way cool! He has a ton of fire so it's fun having him!

  Saying goodbye in Prishtina was tough but I was also excited for the new change so that helped! I'm leaving a big part of my life in that city. Like those 6 months there in Prishtina are something very cherished by me and I know I'll never forget them! Especially because my man B. is there. I'm so glad that I was able to meet him! We had a funny experience of skyping Elder Holm in America so he could be in a lesson with us so that was cool!

  So I made it to Shkodër and it's pretty awesome! I forgot a lot of those differences between Kosovo and Albania. Luckily in Shkodër they speak Gheg so I still get to use that! It's great here though, different from everywhere else I've been! It almost seems to be a cross between Prishtina and Tirana. It's supposed to be one of the most beautiful areas of Albania which is sick! I've only been here for like 4 days so I don't really have a huge read on it yet! The branch here is super weak right now but I've heard  we have some great members. 

Our first day we decided that we should just go straight to Lezhë, President for the time being wants us to balance our work between Lezhë and Shkodër so we are working in two areas - but if things go well hopefully we will be getting a house down there and really just focusing on it. Lezhë is like 45ish minutes south of Shkodër and it's definitely a smaller city! The people there are so nice though! We got so many numbers from people by just asking them about the city and then telling them why we came! It was crazy. We definitely felt the spirit that the city was ready for us!

  It's crazy being in Shkodër and Lezhë after being in Prishtina for so long, because there are a ton of Catholics here! Like there are practically no Muslims in Lezhë!  So it's a totally different way of contacting and teaching!   But I'm excited for the challenge.

  New Years we had to be inside at 4pm because it gets pretty crazy in this mission so we had to stay inside and just hang out and mess around all night! The show was pretty crazy from the view of our house! The whole city seemed like it was exploding! Today we have just kinda been hanging out and having a good time together! 

  Anyway I'm having a great time!  Love you all hope you have a happy new year!!

Saying good bye to the Hydricks

Last day with Elder Mero


Shkoder

Cool old bridge in Shkoder.



No comments:

Post a Comment