Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 30, 2015

SNOW!!!

November 30, 2015

 Ok so pretty awesome week! I have to say it definitely sucked not being home for Thanksgiving but it was a pretty good day here so not too bad! Also new fruit for you to all look up! Persimmon! Super good! 

All of you have to go check out the new church video for Christmas it's awesome!! christmas.mormon.org! (krishtlindja.mormon.org in Albanian) go watch it and share it with your friends!

  So pretty much the main thing that happened this week was obviously Thanksgiving! We drove down Wednesday night and we picked up Elder Watson in Gjakova so it took about 5 hours total of driving! We got to the Gjakova branch building and it was flooding! It was raining a ton and there was a problem with the piping in the road and it was flowing into the building! 

So anyway we got to Tirana and we stayed at the zone leaders house there which was fun! The next day was just all Thanksgiving pretty much! First, President showed us the new Christmas video and talked about how we are going to be using it and then we had our Thanksgiving meal! It was actually pretty dang good! I talked a lot to Elder Clemans and Elder Crandall which was super fun! There were a couple times where I felt homesick but they kept us pretty distracted! THEN the best part! All the districts performed their individual skits! We were the second group to go and I was so nervous holy cow! Hopefully I will be able to send a video to you next week because I don't have one this week but it was awesome and guess what! We won as the best skit! So whats up! Prishtina might not have the best work but we are dang good at being funny! President Weidmann was so funny he got up and was like ok to close I would like to tell you all what it's going to be like in the Celestial Kingdom and then he just started showing pictures of Switzerland!!! It was hilarious! Then we just loaded in the cars and headed back out!

  When we got back to Prishtina the next morning (we stayed the night at Gjakova because it was too late) it was dumping snow!!! I was soooo happy you have no idea it was the best thing ever! I was having so much fun contacting out in the snow it was ballin! Definitely having to start wrapping up though because whew it's cold!!!

  So we have been teaching this referral named A. and he is actually doing really awesome! He is Catholic and it's super different teaching him because I forgot how to best teach a Catholic because it's been so long! He's super cool though and has actually been reading the book of mormon which is awesome! 

  We also had a really cool lesson with this guy named S. and his son! S. actually studied at ASU a long time ago and remembered this mormon professor that he had there because he went to their house for dinner! He is a super successful guy and a ton of people kept coming and saying hi to him because we were out getting drinks and it reminded me of being with Dad because so many people know him cause he did their braces! It was a super relaxed lesson and he was really interested and so was his son! He wants us to come to dinner sometime and also wants us to teach his employees who are all younger people who would be open to listening!

We went to Prizren today for P-day - this cool city in Kosovo -I took a bunch of pics to show you!!

  Anyway, Prishtina has been pretty crazy as always but I love it!  I'm starting to think about how I have to leave at the end of December and I'm so sad. I honestly never want to leave this place!! It feels like I just need to be here! 

Have a great week everyone - I hope you all enjoy skiing while I can't which suckssssssssssssssssssssssssss! But you don't get to be out here in Kosovo serving the most awesome mission ever!
Loves!!

Snow...

view from our apartment.
fun day contacting in the snow!

My first persimmon!



P-day in Prizen, Kosovo










Flooding in the Gjakovo building!





No comments:

Post a Comment