Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 16, 2015

Quince


November 16, 2015

Ok pretty packed week! First of all I tried a Quince for the first time! It's a fruit and it's so strange - so when you first bite it, it tastes like an orange. Then after a bit it tastes like a grapefruit, then right before you swallow it tastes like an apple! It's crazy! Apparently you don't normally eat them raw but Kosovarës do!


  So on Wednesday we drove down to Tirana! We woke up at 4am and had a 5 hour drive to get there! Whew it was pretty rough! We drove with the Gjakova Elders which was a lot of fun!  When we finally got there I got to have that good old byrek with beans that I've been missing! It was delicious! 

So we went there for half way training which is just for people that have trainees and it was really good! We also got to go and baptize Elder Mero's grandma! It was way cool she got baptized in 2nd ward which is where I used to serve and I got to see my old investigator Kurt Koci! He is a baller! Still investigating but he is doing good! Elder Mero was like a celebrity there because everyone remembers him from when he was a  little kid! I got to see Elder Verushi who is now Brother Verushi because he finished his mission, it was pretty crazy! Then we just drove right back up to Prishtina! We were awake 17 hours that day and 10 of it was me driving! I was so wiped by the end of the day!

  Also when we got back we got to meet the two new missionaries Elder Eddings and Sister Olsen. To be honest we have been so busy I still haven't had the chance to get to know them super well but they seem awesome! Elder Eddings is hilarious and definitely as smart as everyone said! And Sister Olsen played starcraft! 

  There was a friendly soccer game this week between Kosovo and Albania and it was so funny! Most people here were wearing Albanian fan stuff! Like they are basically the same country! A lot of people had flags that were half Kosovo half Albanian! The game actually ended 2-2 which is perfect cause everyone was happy about it! It's just funny to see how these people truly are Albanians just living in a different country! 

  Something crazy that I just realized is how low the mission age is right now (most missionaries here haven't been serving for very long) Elder Eddings came in 2 groups before me and between his group and Elder Mero's group (1 group after me) there were only 7 Elders!!! We used to get like 12 every transfer! So the next group is going to be 12 again and a lot of these brand new missionaries are going to have to train right after being trained just because there isn't any other choice! Pretty crazy!

  Anyway, I love being a missionary!! I hope you all have a great week!  Love you all!






Newborn Monument in Prishtina





Won't be needing these this year. :(



No comments:

Post a Comment