Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween!

November 2, 2015

Alright so pretty exciting week, what week isn't exciting on a mission honestly! First of all time is flyyiinnggggg for me now! Like I blink and a month goes by. Everyone says next transfer is going to be when time starts going super fast so that will be crazy! It's just so strange time just works crazy out on a mission!
  
Anyway this week we had mission conference which was awesome! We had a member of the 70, Brother Johnson come and talk to us. Of course it was just awesome seeing everyone again! It's funny all of us from my MTC group aren't as close as we use to be just because we have been serving around such different people we tend to stay in separate groups. Still it's awesome seeing them all! 

 Mission Conference was a super great experience for me. We sang Lead, Kindly Light which is just an awesome song and then Sister Weidmann talked about the song and kinda expounded on it and it was just awesome.
"The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me."

This was a big part of what she talked about. How often times we just have to have the faith to see one step in front of us and not worry about the distant scene and whatever else is out there. It's super hard to do though! Seriously I recommend you all read that hymn and think about it!

  Then Brother Johnson talked to us about a ton of stuff about recognizing the spirit! It was crazy how well he used the scriptures! Like there was one point where he was going through so many of them and talking about them that I don't think I looked up from my scriptures for like 15 minutes! It was really cool though I didn't really learn anything super new it was more just an awesome scripture spiritual boost. We talked about Moroni 7 and how you can tell when something is a prompting from the spirit and how we can invite more of them into our lives.

  Then afterwards I was selected as one of the missionaries to have an interview with Brother Johnson and I was like "what did I do?!" but it was actually way different than I imagined. It wasn't an interview about me it was an interview about the mission and specifically Kosovo since I was the only missionary being interviewed from there.  He just asked a lot about the work there and stuff.

  The night that we got into Tirana it was like 8:54pm (we have to be in the apartment at 9:00p) when we got to the AP's apartment but Elder Mero and I really wanted to get suflaqes because they don't have them in Kosovo so we were like oh we can totally make it and sprinted to go and find a suflaqe place and get back in time. It was so funny and just felt like such a missionary moment like what other 20 year old guy would be sprinting to go get food so that he could be inside by 9pm? It was awesome though and we made it back like barely in time!! (they were on the 10th floor so that's impressive!)

  Also while we were in Tirana we got to go and see Elder Mero's grandparents! His grandma is getting baptized in a couple weeks and Elder Verushi is teaching her! So we got to go and be with Elder Verushi and his companion for a little bit which was fun. It was funny his companion was like "so I hear you're something of a prodigy" and I was like super confused but I guess a bunch of people told him that I came into the country already fluent in Albanian which was pretty funny! It did inflate my head a little though knowing there are rumors about me being good at the language floating around! Also Verushi complimented me on my Albanian and said I was getting really good which was awesome!

  Anyway we finally made it back to Prishtina and this weekend was Halloween! They do celebrate Halloween here but not really much. Like some venders sold masks and there were some little kids dressed up but nothing too big! Elder Mero and I went and bought pumpkins and carved them and I was actually pretty happy with my Jack the Pumpkin King! Other than that nothing really special happened that day! I do miss holidays they are nice little breaks from normal life.

  Also we did "break the fast" on Sunday with the branch and I brought my fasule (albanian beans) and everyone was super impressed that I made them because it's like a super Albanian thing but I learned from Elder Verushi! 

  This week for work was pretty awesome! We met a lot of really cool people and have been doing a ton of tracting but as usual it just is kinda - we will see if we can do second lessons with them. This one kid especially named E. was super open. He started talking about science at the beginning and I was like oh great but then he started talking about how scientists were starting to conclude that there had to be a God or at least some kinda greater power and he was super cool! He was 20! He also said a super awesome prayer at the end of lesson which is always a good sign!

  B. had a big challenge hanging over his head! He was planning on telling his family about him being baptized this weekend and it was just worrying him all week! We met with him a few times and really just tried to strengthen him and prepare him for this weekend. We fasted with him Friday and Saturday.
 He told his mom on Sunday and I guess she had a really hard time. I really am amazed at how much people go through here for this faith. We are meeting with him tonight and will hopefully be getting the full story but man he is in a pretty rough spot. I love that guy so I hope he is alright!  Pray for B!

 Anyway I love you all so much and appreciate your prayers! You are the best!  Keep on keeping on!











No comments:

Post a Comment