Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 40

 November 9, 2015

Whew busy week!  I feel like these weeks are so long when I look back and see everything that happened but when I'm in the moment they just fly by! 

So first of all the WiFi is working at the church again so I can upload pictures and videos from my camera which will be super nice!

  Anyway, so we met B. last week on Monday and he was looking pretty depressed and we were in a room just us and the Hydricks and he explain all that went down and I guess he really did just essentially break his mom's heart.  She was basically sick the next day because of what he told her. Elder Mero and I just decided that we were going to spend a ton of time with him this week and just not talk about it this rest of the week unless he feels like he needs to. He said he felt way better after meeting with us and you could literally see a difference in his eyes it was crazy! We met with him everyday and just kept sharing spiritual thoughts with him. He has started ponderizing a scripture every week which is awesome! He just does things every week that are super impressive to me!   He also passed the sacrament on Sunday!

  I also had a really cool experience teaching English Course this week. We shared the Plan of Salvation with them at the end and I just felt the spirit testify through me through a lot of it and as I was teaching it one of the people in the class was actually crying. It was such an amazing moment for me to see like holy cow nothing I could have said would have done something like that and I just knew everything that I had taught had been from the spirit. I love moments like that honestly it's what I live for out here! If I could just teach perfectly from the spirit all the time I would be the perfect missionary but unfortunately I'm not!

  This week we went up again and picked potatoes it was so fun! It's so nice getting up into the country and doing some real work! I really don't know if I could ever live in a big city! There is just too much craziness!

  We also had the craziest lesson I have ever had with a guy this week. He seemed totally normal when we were talking to him on the street and then when we were starting the lesson he seemed pretty normal but then it just got super strange! First he was like, "do you think humans were made for this earth?" "yes, God created this world for us to come here and receive bodies." "Then why are humans the only creatures that have to use clothes and other things when seasons change! Animals don't have to! It's because we came from another planet!" at this point I was like oh great - and it just went down hill from there - he told me I had to read this book called the book of the devil and then he asked "do you believe in Adam and Eve?" "yes they were the first two people that were sent to this earth" "who gave them their names?" "God did" "no no no those were the names they had when they came from another planet!" ughhhh then we got into the classic argument of how God can't have a son which honestly no one can ever give me a real reason why. I ask them if they believe in an all powerful God that has no limits, they say yes of course. Then I say so he can have a son then? NOOOOO every time honestly! Then we finally finished and he was like so next time we meet I need you to answer me a question and so I was like "ok what's your question?" "why do humans have hair?" I was seriously like oohhh my gosh I am so done with you so I said in maybe not the most Christlike of manners "IT'S BECAUSE WE ARE MADE IN GOD'S IMAGE, WE LOOK LIKE GOD!" I didn't actually yell it but I did raise my voice a bit (still working on patience). He honestly was just super annoying!

  This week we had mini transfers and..... Elder Keck and Sister Fuller are leaving which is super sad! We have been a pretty awesome district  - honestly everyone gets along super well but.... we get Elder Eddings and Sister Olsen! I'm so excited to have Eddings up here! He is a genius! He helped make a game called the Stanley Parable which is actually a super popular game and so he is like loaded! He is so funny though! I think we are going to get along super well! 

  Anyway I hope you all are doing great and I love you all!  Have a great week doing whatever you do! 
Love, Elder Guymon

Selfies!!



P-day lunch

going to pick some potatoes!

Prishtina missionaries with President and Sister Weideman





No comments:

Post a Comment