Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Peja

October 26, 2015

Ok so this week was COLD! Dang I was not expecting to have the cold hit as hard as it did here! Depending on how this holds up I may be buying some thermals to make it through this winter here! Definitely bad call not bringing any. It also rained like non stop for 3 days straight which was no fun! I don't have my notes with me so I'm sorry I just am suuuuppperrrr bad at remembering stuff that happens during the week without them so I'm going to try my best!


  So as I said on last Pday we were in Peja so I didn't have a ton of time to write you guys but it was really good. We actually got to meet B's family and that was super cool. They made us a bunch of traditonal food and it was so good! The Hydricks came and were super nice and the family loved them so it was really awesome for them to have a first contact with the church even if they didn't recognize it as that! Peja is such a beautiful place I really hope it reopens soon! 

  This week President Wiedmann told us that we should go try tracting some specific apartment buildings here in Prishtina so we went and did it and had some crazy success. We went with the other elders and just kinda split up and we ended up having 3 lessons and getting 5 new investigators!! It was honestly crazy! We had a very successful week so definitely counting our blessings! A lot of our return apointments with them are tonight so hopefully we can meet with them all again because that would be awesome!

  Also this week I have been feeling pretty sick which has been rough but I definitely have seen the Lords hand in the work helping me because I seem to always have just enough energy to work all the way through the day and then I just come back and crash super hard. It's like all during the work in the day I don't feel horrible but in the mornings and evenings I've been pretty rough.

  Being able to teach B. as a member has just been awesome this week! When someone goes from being an investigator to having the Holy Ghost they just take off in the church, it's so ballin! He and I gave talks on Sunday so all week we were helping him prepare for his talk and he put so much work into it! Like looking up all these talks and mormon messages and stuff! His talk was so good too, he rocked it! Everyone in the branch thinks we are the best missionaries ever because we baptized him! It's just crazy because we really did nothing! 

  Also I didn't too bad on my talk myself! I'm including this not to brag but just a change I've seen in myself. Like before my mission I really didn't feel like I was very good at giving talks first of all, and second I had to write all of it out so that I could have my thoughts in order before I got up and just talked but I decided to try to just go for it and see what happens by just studying and selecting some scriptures and bullet points and honestly I did super well! I was really happy about it. Just another awesome thing that happens as a missionary which I think has 3 reasons, number 1, I'm way better at talking about gospel topics and stuff like that in general now, 2 I'm way more confident now, and 3 I'm way more in touch with the spirit! It was just a cool experience for me to have, definitely no fear about giving talks anymore!

  Something kinda crazy that I've been seeing this week is how important the gospel is by living it through B. So first of all I really think I'm going to be friends with him for the rest of my life! I really just like him as a friend, plus we are the same age. But anyway he still hasn't told his family yet that he got baptized, but is thinking about doing it this weekend but the thing is he might lose all family support and everything when he tells them. Just seeing how much faith he has and how he realizes this gospel is more important than everything to him is just awesome. I'm really worried about him so I'll let you know if he does it this weekend. He just has such a fire right now it's awesome!

  Anyway next week is mission conference so that's going to be awesome I'm sure I'll have some sweet stories from that!  Elder Mero is also doing awesome and is now starting to get a pretty good grip on the language which is sweet. 

  Love you all have a great week!!!


Beautiful Peja!



No comments:

Post a Comment