Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 12, 2015

Picking Potatoes! :)

October 12, 2015


 So this week we started off heading up 2 kilometers away from Serbia! A member called us and said he wanted our help with some service and said we were going to be picking potatoes so we all started driving over to his place following his son and we thought it was going to be kinda close but it ended up being super far away and up through all these crazy roads but it was awesome to get out of the city! 
Also I can now officially say I have picked potatoes and can be a true idahoan.  I never picked potatoes in Idaho and who would have thought I'd be doing that in Kosovo?!  The service was awesome but honestly I think my favorite part was the drive there and back, just driving through these mountains and country sides it was so beautiful and kind of reminded me of home a couple times.

This week  a lot of people were watching soccer games...it's huge here!  Sadly, Albania lost to Serbia but then they beat Armenia and made it into the Europe cup!  There was a huge parade though the city after that and fireworks!

  Something pretty interesting and fun this week has been teaching Albanian. Since Elder Mero doesn't know Albanian super well, especially grammar, we just started from the beginning and it's been pretty fun and really good for me! It's so crazy because he doesn't understand any grammar principles or anything but just automatically uses them when he speaks.

  This week was zone conference which of course was awesome! Something that I loved from it was that they told us we should literally ask to get a referral from everyone we meet and to set goals for how many referrals we wanted to get. It's something that just hasn't really happened a bunch in this mission and so it's been super cool to do now. So far we haven't found a ton of success at it but I really like doing it. So even people we just street contact we ask them if they would have any friends interested. And our zone right now is just sooo fun! Like we are just absolutely stacked right now! 

  Once again the Lord showed me that it was His work not mine.  So after zone conference we were planning on going to our house when a random guy showed up and said that he had been taught by missionaries before and wanted to get taught again!  It's just so crazy like we stand out in the rain (it was raining for half the week) for a whole day and nothing really happens, then randomly the Lord just gives us work like that!

  Honestly I've just been seeing the hand of the Lord in our work a ton. Everyone says you see extra blessings while your training and it's suuuppperrrr true. We got 23 numbers a couple days ago all in one day! That was insane! I also got to teach my first lesson to a family because they let us in when we were tracting so that was super awesome! 

  Also B. will be getting baptized on Friday so that is awesome! Then Saturday and Sunday we are going to be watching general conference! B. is soo excited it's awesome. We taught him about church history this week and stuff and he just loved it! I seriously like can't believe how perfect he is. I'm so excited for his baptism! Plus it'll be in a portable font which I always wanted to do!

  Anyway I love you all! Stay awesome! 

Picking potatoes in Kosovo!

Prishtina Elders


Driving to the farm...





Teaching Elder Mero Albanian


Kosovo soccer uniform

Albanian soccer uniform


Parade through the city to celebrate the win.



No comments:

Post a Comment