Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 5, 2015

New trainee

October 5, 2015

Hello all this was a pretty packed week this past week but it was awesome! 

So basically we wake up super early in the morning on Tuesday and head to the mission office and when we got there and it was so weird. It just kinda hit me that Elder Holm and I wouldn't been companions anymore and it was kinda sad. I love that kid to death and we had some good times. 

Then I get hooked up with Elder Wright and we head off to Durres for a couple days while we are waiting for all the trainees to get here. It was super weird being in Durres for a couple days. It was kinda like a pause on my mission like it wasn't last transfer but it hadn't become the next transfer yet. Durres is great and all but man I feel so blessed to be in Prishtina right now!  Also in Durres they were closing two missionary houses so pretty much all I did Tuesday and Wednesday was help move crap out of houses and deal with all of that so we didn't get a ton of real missionary work done, but Elder Wright wanted to finish it all before he got his trainee so he wouldn't have to deal with it then.

    I got driving privileges this week!! They weren't going to give it to me this early in my mission but I was the only one down there and the Prishtina car had to get back up so they had to give them to me! WOHOO! Man driving is so fun I freaking love it! Especially here! It's like super lawless here but basically you can just drive however you want and people will work with it! It's so cool! I hauled getting back to Kosovo from Tirana it was so fun!

  So anyway finally Thursday rolls around! We get to Tirana and all the trainers are there and we had a meeting before we met the trainees which was really good - just kinda talked about ways that we can help them and stuff. It was also great because everyone training right now is awesome! It's nice now that I have been out here for a while to know a lot of the missionaries and I feel like I have real friends out here! It makes meeting up with other areas way more exciting!

  Then all the trainees come in and sit down and everyone is so nervous and excited you could probably have felt it in the air! All the trainees are so tall! I think one of them was taller than me actually! But anyway we get through a meeting and talk about some stuff and then President is like "Ok we are going to start from the north!" So I got to be the first to know who I was with which was awesome! and...... I got the Albanian kid from Canada (Elder Mero)!! He's pretty awesome! We had a 4 hour drive back up to Prishtina just to talk and it flew by because we talked the whole time. He is so much like Grant it is insane. His style is a ton like Grant and he skates and the music that he listens to and just all that stuff. The funny thing is he is actually only like 1.5 years older than Grant too (18). It's seriously like living with my little brother again! 

So both his parents grew up in Tirana and are Albanian but they moved to Canada so he has grown up in Canada but is Albanian by ethnicity. He speaks Albanian alright, but his family doesn't speak it in the home so it isn't perfect or anything and so we are able to help out each other because I know grammar way better than him but he knows a lot of words that I don't. He also was baptized only a year ago so he has an awesome flaming convert testimony and is super helpful in the way that he has an idea of what it's like to be an investigator. I'm super excited and think we are going to get along super well!

  Other than all that the rest of the week was pretty normal. It's funny seeing all the things that Mero does that I remember being like as a trainee. We haven't been able to get into the full swing of things quite yet because there have been chores we are taking care of and getting him moved in and stuff but we were able to get some missionary work in. It was actually really awesome. Last night we went tracting and had a ton of success! We weren't able to get in any doors that night but we got a ton of numbers. Lots of people say that when you have a trainee you see a lot of miracles and I totally feel like that was a big part of last night. There were some apartment buildings that I just felt super guided to and we would go and people were just so friendly! 

B. went home for the weekend and went to church in Gjakova.  Luckily there are some super cool missionaries there so he got to talk to them and really enjoyed it!  Next week we are going up to Peja with him!!  Right now his baptism date is set for Oct. 17th.  That's when we're suppose to watch general conference as a branch so we'll see how we can work it.

  Sadly I haven't been able to see much of general conference or anything but I will be watching it with the branch in 2 weeks so that will be good!  Other than that just trying to catch little bits of it here and there!

  Things are great!  I'm excited for my new companion.  So, more (pronounced More-ay) in Albanian means dude or bro so we always call Elder Mero more. :)

  Anyway have a great week! I love you all!


My day in Durres


Durres

Selfie!

No comments:

Post a Comment