Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving


November 28, 2016

So lots of exciting stuff this week! To start off at the beginning of the week we visited an awesome member family! They got baptized a little more than a year ago and are so fun to talk to! They feel like my mom and dad out here. We are going over again tonight so I'm super excited! 


  So the main thing that happened this week was Thanksgiving! Wednesday night Elder Clemans from my MTC trio came and stayed the night which was a lot of fun because we haven't been able to spend much time around each other on the mission, then thursday morning we went to Tirana. Man I was so anxious leading up to it because I was going to have to give my "departing" testimony. I was surprised about how nervous I was considering I had given so many trainings and stuff in front of people but this was different. Of course they made me go last so I had to sit there in agony watching Crandall and Clemans give theirs. I got up there and said "man it's so weird being up here" and after that the tears started! I was not expecting it but I totally just cried through the whole thing. Reminded me of my farewell. We'll see if I can make it through my homecoming!! Get ready for some water works! It's just something that means so much to me and has such a big spot in my heart it really touches me whenever I talk about this stuff!!!

  It was way fun being able to have a final day seeing everyone before I leave. Crazy to think I won't see some of those people ever again probably! Luckily a lot of them I will see again! I missed a lot of old faces there. There are just so many new missionaries I don't know that well!! The meal was awesome! Totally authentic thanksgiving! We had a bunch of skits which were pretty funny but the best part was that President showed up towards the end!!! He had been in Switzerland for a back operation and when he came in it was so amazing to see him. He is so awesome and it's great to know he is back! 

 Last week we went and visited a member who left the church and he lives in the middle of no where! Like crazy conditions.  All he does is care for 6 goats and read the scriptures so he knows the standard works like by heart! The problem is he misunderstands some things and thinks that he has some sort of higher calling. Just a lot of pride but he can't see it because his mind is just so clouded. It's tough I have no idea how to help him. There are a few members like that here. Just have let these strange things cloud their testimonies and now it just seems impossible to help them. I know that sounds pessimistic but it's so hard!!

  We got fed twice this week! It was awesome! The first time was with a member family who had a bunch of extended family over and it was a lot of fun. It was cool being a part of a family gathering like that. I haven't been in something like that for 2 years!! The food was awesome too! Super interesting... bread soaked for a super long time in duck juice so it's kinda like thin mashed potatoes with duck served on top of it! The second time was with an investigator family and it was pretty interesting! Most of it was really good except they had fish that their son had caught in the nasty canal by their house. I was like oh boy I'm probably going to die but I ate it all! It actually wasn't too bad. They are a super nice family and I really hope they progress!!

  Also the church's christmas initiative came out!! It's sooooo cool!! It's my favorite one so far! I definitely encourage everyone to go check it out at mormon.org I love how it's just an invitation to everyone to make this world a better place and be Christ's hands!! 

  Anyway, its super strange the end keeps getting closer and closer (crazy how time works like that) I'm so grateful for these last few months of my mission though. I feel like I have really learned a lot about myself and a whole lot about the gospel. I'm only going to send two more of these! Crazy stuff! 

Love you all! Ciao!


Thanksgiving dinner!

Skits!









No comments:

Post a Comment