Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 12, 2016

Tri-panionship

September 12, 2016

 So I don't actually have my planner with me which means I don't have all my notes on things to write about right now so we'll see if I can put something together! 

First of all on Tuesday we had a rebaptism! It was pretty interesting! This girl was baptized when she was 8 but never had her records made some how and she is 12 now and was totally active but had no sort of membership documents so we had to rebaptize her just so she could have the records and she asked me to do it! I'm always happy to be able to use my priesthood so it was great! I have gained a huge testimony of the priesthood on my mission. Like obviously I have a long way to go but I don't think I really valued it as much as I should have before my mission. It's such an incredible responsibility and opportunity! I remember the 1st blessing I ever gave in the MTC it was a really special experience for me. It was a sister who was really sick and having a lot of health problems and in the blessing I felt that I could say that she would be able to serve her full mission and that the health problems wouldn't stop her. Then like a week later she actually got worse and she was going to have to go home and I was like "dang why did I say that" kinda doubting myself but I prayed a lot to have faith in the blessing. It ended up that she was able to stay on her mission and actually extended and stayed even longer! I never talked about it but it was just a huge testimony from the Lord just kinda showing he's got my back if I am prompted to say something in a blessing! 


  We also got to start our tripanionship with Elder Crandall! It's been awesome! He is such a funny guys it's going to be an awesome couple weeks with him! We have such a busy schedule ahead of us preparing for the end of this month we are going to do a ton of fun stuff together! Like this week we went to all the way to Vlore to clear out a house! I've really come to love road trips on my mission they are so much fun!

  Stake Conference was this weekend and it was a lot of fun. We had a lot of preparing for that! I actually translated the whole thing which was exhausting but a lot of fun! I really enjoy translating, it's a good challenge. Of course as always my favorite part was just being able to see all the great people across the mission! I got to have my famous President Teli hug! Man those things are to die for! Sadly B. wasn't able to come but even better he got accepted to BYU for a semester so we are going to be going to school together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was freaking out like I'm going to go to college with my recent convert it's going to be soooo sweet! 

  One thing that I have been thinking about this week is how cool it is to see members here that have been raised in the church. Yesterday in church when we were singing hymns I just noticed a young woman who was born into the church and just singing the song without looking at the book at all and I just thought about how awesome it was that she was raised in a home centered on the gospel! Just seeing these traditions being formed in their lives, that's the missionary dream right there! To start the generations that are in the church! A young man that just got his mission call shared his testimony in stake conference and showed us his first personal book of mormon that he received when he was 9 and in it he had written Elder with his last name and now he made it! SO COOL! I love this church it's awesome. We sure are a peculiar people but there is no better organization on this earth - if anything else that is a testimony to the truthfulness of this!

  This week I'll have some sweet stories for you! Going on a roadtrip with President and then heading up to Prishtina! I will get to see B.!!!! 

Love you all! Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment