Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 26, 2016

Road trips and picking olives

September 26, 2016


Alright super busy week with just a ton of work getting everything prepared for transfers! It's going to be insane next week so hopefully I'm still alive by the end of it! The biggest thing this week was transfers! So we are officially opening 3 cities this transfer! Pogradec, Korca, and Kumanavo! It's so exciting!! We took a road trip last week with President and Sister Weideman to go check them out and they are way cool cities I'm super jealous that I don't have more time in my mission to go to them!  It was an awesome time being with President and his wife and we had such a great time traveling and just spending time with them.  I am so blessed to have President Weideman as my mission president!  With all the new missionaries coming in and with practically everyone missionary training - the mission is going to be so interesting. I will actually be staying on as assistant which is exciting. I guess President wasn't ready to kick me out yet! It'll be really fun being assistant with all of these new missionaries! 

  Kinda crazy that I'm entering into my last transfer! I'm excited though. As time has gone on in my mission I've really come to view things a lot differently and I have a gained an appreciation for things I thought I would never enjoy. And just really understanding the reason why I'm doing the things I do. I was trained to just put my head down and work as hard as I can which was awesome for me and I definitely needed it but it's easy to do that and never really end up figuring out why you're doing it because you're just so busy going through the motions and it's kinda embarrassing how long it has taken me to figure out the reason that I'm doing all this. I love God. Honestly He is so great and it's almost embarrassing to me how easy He has made my life. He has given me so much. I haven't done anything to earn it. And to think that I had other friends before this life that weren't born in to the church and have been waiting for me really just pumps me full of desire to talk to everyone. I'm so glad that I was able to meet B. and God could show me that this is why I am here! For people like this. I know that I still owe so much to God and it's going to be a lifetime of trying to pay Him back but in the mean time I can enjoy street contacting and getting rejected and having people not show up to lessons because each step just brings me closer to Christ! It's amazing how it all works. He really is the Master Architect. We just are too caught up in ourselves all the time to really think about it. Like this week we had to do a lot of office work preparing for this big group of missionaries and we went out street contacting for a bit after not having done it for a while and it was just so much fun and so exciting talking to everyone about the gospel! Its so cool!!

  We had a service project this week and we went with the sisters out to a lady's house who was MEGA poor. Like there is a cow that lives in her house and it's just decrepit. Some of the worst living conditions I've seen. So we went out there and picked olives, I felt like I was back in the New Testament times. But she fed us an awesome lunch. It's definitely something I have gained an appreciate for is just how ridicululously spoiled I am. I definitely need to use better all the gifts I have been given just so much potential wasted. I really hope I can just keep that in mind and not fall into that Book of Mormon pride cycle!! 

  Anyway next week will definitely be interesting so I should have some good stories! 

Love y'all Çiao!



APs road trippin with President and Sister Weidemann




Selfie with Sister Weidemann


















Service project picking olives





No comments:

Post a Comment