Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 2, 2016

Awesome week!!

May 2, 2016

Well I think the biggest news this week was probably skyping with my family yesterday!  (Adam skyped us a week early since we'll be out of town on Mother's Day)  That was pretty awesome! I think this was my favorite time skyping (and my last) because it didn't really mess with me at all. Like it was cool seeing you guys and it makes me wish we could skype every week but it didn't distract me or anything! Pretty crazy that next time we talk it'll be face to face getting off the plane (hopefully with Cameron right next to me!) 

  Really pretty crazy week in general though. We had Zone Conferences so we had to do some trainings but before hand we had some meetings with president that were super awesome!  It is so cool being able to talk to him and just have a really open relationship with him like that! It definitely makes me learn a lot! 

  Zone Conferences were super cool but also scary! I had to conduct and it was my first time doing that except for my one time in Shkoder and man that stuff is so scary!! Doing trainings isn't that bad for me - but conducting is so strict I always felt like I was going to mess things up! It ended being alright though! It was so awesome at the end of Elder Befus and I's training we had a surprise and showed everyone this hilarious video of a missionary parody of Hello by Adele and everyone loved it! 

  The best part of this week for me and the best part of my life ever, was going back to Prishtina! Wow I can't believe how much I missed that place! The whole drive up I was just feeling so weird and then we got there and it honestly just felt like a dream! We got to the church and I got to see a bunch of members that I missed and then of course the absolute best part was I got to hang out with B.!!! We went and got some food together and just talked a ton! Then Elder Befus and I taught him a lesson and it was soooo amazing like man he is just so spiritual I can't believe how awesome he is! I also got to see the Hydricks and President Teli both of whom told me they really wanted me to come back and I was just like ughhh I know! I would seriously do anything to be able to go back up there. I wish I could truly describe to you all what that city means to me but I really can't I just truly thank God that I was able to have that time in Prishtina. It was perfect timing for me, perfect companions for me, and just such a growing experience. I really feel like Prishtina has changed me and made me a better person and I just love it so much!!!! I think I miss it more than I miss home a lot of the time!

  Moving on from that it really stunk because we weren't able to meet with our investigators at all this week but we still had a pretty awesome week of work which is crazy! We had a bunch of people come to church and it was pretty tough because we were like stretched too thin! We couldn't take care of them all! I feel like I say this every week but the Lord just blesses us sooo much it's insane! 
I just really hope we can help all these people like they deserve! We actually ended up giving some of our work to other missionaries just because we can't do it all! 

  Basically super awesome week! This next week should be pretty awesome too! I'm going to be a part of my first transfer meeting so I think that will be super exciting! Other than that, yall are awesome, have a great week!

KFC in Albania!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment