Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Gjyshi

 May 16, 2016

Hey so we are heading to Macedonia today so I don't have a ton of time to write but I'll try to fill yall in! 
First of all I want to reiterate how good of a person B. is. So you know how people talk about how people are so nice that if you say you like something they have they will literally just give it to you? Well I always thought that it was just an exaggeration and stuff until it actually happened to me! B. was wearing this coat when we went and visited him and I was like "Hey your looking good, that is my favorite color!" and then he tried to give it to me right there and I was like no way. But then President came back from Prishtina with a bag for me from B. and it had that coat in it! I really appreciate it but it also frustrates me at the same time! Seriously though I don't understand how anyone can be like that! I definitely have a lot to learn from him!!

  Also we have this recent convert in our area named D. but we just call him Gjyshi which means grandpa and he is the most awesome guy ever! He was baptized at 67 and is from the North and like if you knew Northern older men here you wouldn't believe me! But he is the most awesome man ever! He calls us his grandkids and just totally loves us it's so awesome! Everyone in the ward totally respects him too just because he is so old and awesome! Also he has a crazy story! He used to be a millionaire but his son ended being held ransom by this Muslim group and he ended up having to give them like all of his money to get his son back! So crazy!

  The weirdest thing this week was definitely taking Elder Muncy and Sister Cheshire to the airport. They are both such big missionaries to me and seeing them leave was actually genuinely sad for me. I'm really going to miss both of them a ton. Also 2 of the sisters that were finishing their missions had their parents come pick them up and it was soooo weird seeing them with their parents it just kinda seemed like some kinda weird dream!

  On Friday this week we were stuck inside for a ton of the day it was so horrible! The office couple was gone for some stuff in Germany and someone had to stay here so it fell to us. It was so strange because I feel like premission staying inside for a long time wasn't that big of a deal to me but it was like torture!! It felt so good leaving afterwards to actually go work!

   We gave a training this week to the new missionaries because they are half way through their first transfer and it was super spiritual and cool because I knew that what we were training about was really effecting them which was an awesome feeling! Also hopefully in a couple weeks we will be having some baptisms so stay tuned!!

All in all its been a pretty great week! Super busy with stuff but awesome.

Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment