Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, October 24, 2016

Feet hurting/street contacting. :)

October 24, 2016

 So it was an interesting week this week for sure! We had a lot of street contacting time and I was like oh boy how did I survive all day street contacting everyday in Prishtina! I really don't know how that was my favorite time in the mission considering how tough the work was but I think it was definitely just how much the Lord helped us. Like there is no way I could have worked that hard without some extra strength! It was good though, there is a good feeling about getting to bed and your feet just hurt because you have been walking around so much talking to people! We have been planning so many lessons that just don't show up it's a little tough.

  Thursday was kinda crazy - I gave my last training as AP! I didn't even realize till after I finished too! It was a training for the district leaders and it was really great. They are an awesome group of missionaries. That's one thing I definitely feel I have improved on since being AP is giving training's and just public speaking in general.  It's still not something I really enjoy doing but I've done it enough that I don't feel like I'm going to throw up every time I stand up there! :) 

  Then Thursday night we started an exchange with the South Zone Leaders and I stayed here with Elder Farnsworth. It was super awesome! Its' been a super long time since I have been on exchange alone with him so it was sweet being able to talk to him. We got to meet with this one guy a second time who is way cool and really believes in Jesus and he says that if he feels that this is the direction that Jesus wants him to go then he is ready to follow it. So I really hope he keeps reading the Book of Mormon and praying because it'll definitely get him there! 

  We also have this investigator named E. who is super awesome. We met him street contacting and he was just a super friendly guy and we have met him twice since then! He talks a ton and tells a lot of pretty crazy stories! I really love meeting with him though because he is honestly such a happy positive guy. Like he prayed and his whole prayer was just thanking God for letting him be so happy and giving him so much! It's awesome because honestly there aren't too many people like that. He has not had an easy life but just works super hard and tries to help other people out and things have just worked out for him!

  Church was pretty great yesterday! This RM just got back from his mission this week from England and he is already called as our ward mission leader! He seems like an awesome guy and I'm super excited to have a ward mission leader again so hopefully we'll see some good stuff come out of that!  I have 2 Sundays left in 4th ward! It's going to be kinda rough to leave to be honest. I've really put down some roots here and grown pretty comfortable, feels like home!

Well, that's it for now.  Have a great week!  Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment