Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 28, 2016

Service!

March 14, 2016

 Not really a ton to write about this week... First of all I forgot to include it last time but Eljon the guy that Elder Verushi and I baptized in Tirana just got the Melchizedek Priesthood which is super awesome! It was great being able to talk to him at Stake Conference. 

  The biggest thing that happened this week was the service project we did at an orphanage in Shkoder! It was pretty last minute set up (as is everything here) and so Thursday it was just the Shkoder district and we were told we were going to be digging 50 meter squared holes! When Sister Collins told me they were supposed to be a meter squared I couldn't believe it! I think I was the only one that really comprehended how bad that was because everyone else was amazed when they pulled out the measuring stick! It was super hard but sooo good. We don't really get the chance to do a ton of service so it was good to do some physical labor! There was 8 of us there for 4 hours and we only got 8 holes done!  I was soooo sore the next day though and then on Saturday we went back but recruited all the missionaries in Tirana to come too! It was way fun being with them all! We got a ton of work done and had a bunch fun!

  We had some pretty crazy days of lessons this week with people not coming at the right times and instead coming later when we are meeting with someone else! The worst one was when we had 3 separate lessons all show up at the same time! We decided to just teach them all together and it actually wasn't too bad! Kinda crazy but it all worked out! 

  Sunday was pretty awesome! The DaBells came and Elder DaBell gave a talk and it turned out I was the one who was translating! It blows my mind when I turn out to be like the oldest one or the one best at the language who is supposed to do that stuff! It was a really tough talk but it was a good challenge. I got props for it too!  Kelvin the member here in Lethe  tells me that I sound like an Albanian. :)

  This week for P Day we didn't really have anything to do so we took a van to this random village that was like tiny (kinda reminded me of Eagle actually). We walked around for a little bit and were just like well what do we do now? But they had this game house that had billiards and ping pong and this one kid invited us to come play with him and it was actually super fun! He was 16 and was with a friend who was 24 or something and they were super cool. They absolutely creamed me both at ping pong and billiards but it was really cool just kinda hanging out with some cool kids! Also today is the summer festival of Albania and they have this one special type of cookie that they only do for today and so of course I had to get it and it was pretty good!
  Anyway that was my week! Hope yall are doing great thank you so much for writing me! Have a great week! Love y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment