Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 7, 2016

Disappointments

February 29, 2016

 Alright pretty interesting week for sure! We spoke only Albania all week which was good, I kicked a couple bad habits that I wanted to get rid of! 

I'd say the first thing is last P day we had a lesson with G. and went over the baptismal interview questions and he told us he couldn't say yes he would obey the Law of Chastity or the Sabbath Day!! I was like are you kidding me you already told us you would! I think what happened is we had these nice lessons and he felt good so he said yes he would do those things at the time not really thinking about it but when it came down to will you seriously do this the rest of your life he just totally fell apart. He won't stop sleeping with his girlfriend because he said she would break up with him and he will have to work on Sundays and won't try to get Sundays off.  We talked to him forever going over everything we already had but he just wouldn't make the final commitments.  It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo disappointing!!  I just couldn't believe that he wouldn't just exercise just a teeny bit of faith to overcome these things. He still wants to meet with us and come to church and stuff he just can't follow the road of a true disciple so we'll probably just meet with him every once in a while. 

 Also this weekend the other Elders in Shkroder were supposed to have a baptism but he didn't show up which is too bad we had the members all there and stuff! But what do you do?! 

  This week I got to go on an exchange with Elder Farnworth (yes its farnworth not farnsworth) and it was awesome! I had a really fun time with him! He's being trained by an Albania and I had gone through it so I had a lot of things to say to him. I just tried to give him a super fun day and kinda actually tried to do what Elder Greener did for me when I was getting trained. We had a ton of fun and shared a tooonnnn of stories. It was funny at the end of the exchange we did a little review and talked and it reminded me sooo much of my first exchange with Elder Greener he was like this was honestly the best day of my whole mission and we talked for a little bit and just tried to get him to understand it's tough but just learn as much as you can and then God will give you an easier time the rest of your mission. Like I know my transfer with Elder Holm was a blessing for my tough training transfer! It was really fun though! We taught someone who asked me about the Illuminati then we had language study with the Collins and tried to teach them some Albanian!

Sunday was super awesome though a member of the stake presidency came and it was really great having him. Some of the members gave some great testimonies too because next week is stake conference so we did fast and testimony meeting this week! 

  Today for P-Day we went to this famous church here in Albania in Lac where there are stories of people being healed miraculously.  It's like this super holy place for the people here and it's really close to Lezhe and so everyone is always like we believe in the church in Lac and we are just like ugh great there are soooo many people that say that! We try to explain that it is just faith not the place but it doesn't really go through!  It was cool to go check it out and I took a lot of photos.

  Anyway just keep trying to find new people and the work goes on! Have a great week!
  
 
Famous church in Lac





No comments:

Post a Comment