Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Peja

September 7, 2015

 Ok so this was actually a pretty big week with lots of stuff so we'll see if I can remember it all! (i forgot my notes!) 
First I'll start with just a super funny thing that happened! So we were in the road talking to N. that guy from Palestine and suddenly this huge, ripped guy in a tank top with facial hair walks up to us and we were like oh crap I really don't want to argue with him! And so he comes over and was like "hey what are you guys doing here" in English in like a scary tone and we were like "uhh we are mormon missionaries!" and then he said, "so if I convert to Mormonism can I keep my gains?" (gains means muscles) and then he just started laughing and was like, "no I'm totally just messing with you guys I actually had a mormon teacher in college and he is like the nicest guy I know! You guys have a great day and I wish success for you! If you have any problems let me know!" It was so awesome! 


  Then on Tuesday we had on awesome day! We got 4 new investigators in one day!!  2 of the investigators were these really cool college students (school is just starting back up here) and they were basically like American college students. They spoke English perfectly and they seemed like hipsters. They were like ya we have never really been religious  - we have never even read the quran but we want to learn more so we thought we would start with Mormons!  How awesome is that?

  On Wednesday I got my birthday package! That was awesome! We have been having a blast with the little drones that were in there! Also those Pop tarts are awesome! They have nothing like them here! We also have begun eating at home a lot more so those cookbooks are awesome!

  Then Thursday we had Zone Training which was great! The training was really good - it was just all about getting back to the basics which is nice because sometimes that gets lost with all the little things we are supposed to do as missionaries!

  Saturday we couldn't go contacting for reasons I can't put in the blog.
  
  Then Sunday we had the branch's first "break the fast" lunch after church and it actually turned out pretty well! Pretty much everyone stayed for it and everyone seemed to have a good time which was awesome. Then of course the most interesting part of my Sundays, branch council... It was another 3 hour one and now we are doing them in Albanian because we are starting to actually have the head of organizations come to it which is awesome, but it also meant that Elder Gajmen (me) had to translate at 300mph into English for the Hydricks and then into Albanian whenever they were speaking! My brain got so fried! At the very end President Telli started speaking in English to them but I didn't notice so I thought I was still translating and apparently I was just saying what he said back to them in different words for a couple minutes because I didn't realize he switched languages but then they stopped me. :)  I'm the main translator in Prishtina now which is crazy cause I'm the newest missionary here.  But it's good for me and I'm getting pretty good at it.  

Even though these branch council meetings are crazy, I love the people in this little branch!  Three of my favorite people in the branch are all Xhaxhis (pronounced jajees and it basically means old man but usually old men here are like a little crazy... like a lot crazy) Their names are J., N., and Y.
J. is this hilarious guy who actually fought against the Serbs. He has the craziest life stories! (which I can't put in the blog) He is so funny though and says Good morning amiga to Sister Ariza and thinks it's like the most awesome thing ever. 
N. is actually the 2nd councilor and is probably the most there of all of them. He is the one whose wife recently died and he is just awesome! He always brings fruit for us from his farm and is just a super nice guy! You always assume when he says things they are going to be crazy things like most other older guys but he is actually super smart and his comments at church blow me away like he really understands the gospel a ton! He also is really good at guessing what people are trying to say so whenever someone is translating into Albanian or something even though he doesn't understand English he usually guesses the right Albanian word that they are trying to think of! He also winks a ton it's awesome! 

Then Y. is probably the craziest of all! This guy is this little short dude with white hair and he looovvveessssss America! He always wears this American pin and his phone lockscreen is Bill Clinton in front of an American flag! He comments in church a lot but it's usually just like super random and off topic! It's so funny! Yesterday at church though I was pretty tired and I was resting my head in my hands during Sunday school sitting next to Y. and he just reached his hand over and started rubbing my back! It was like the sweetest thing ever! They are all just the nicest guys ever even if they are a little crazy! 

  Then today for P-Day we came to Peja by train which was awesome! Peja is a city that used to have missionaries but not anymore because the mission shrunk and there just wasn't enough success there! Its super pretty though and just a nice city! The train ride was awesome too!  

  Anyway that was my week! Next Sunday we get to go to Tirana for Stake Conference so everyone in the whole mission, members and missionaries will be there! Its going to be awesome! I'm really hoping to see Faton and Eljon!
Things are awesome here and I love being a missionary!  I'm honestly having the time of my life!
Love you all have a great week!

Birthday package from home!!



Train ride to Peja





Peja


No comments:

Post a Comment