Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Bondsteel

August 17, 2015

 Not a ton of super interesting stuff happened this week so this email is probably just going to be super short!  But life is good! 
First interesting thing is we got a new missionary in the district - Elder Muncy. I miss Razband a bunch but Elder Muncy is pretty awesome and he and Elder Kek seem like they get along super well. He is from the California Sacramento area and has been out here for about a year.
  We finally got to go to Camp Bondsteel! (US military base) It was pretty cool.   It was like walking into a little piece of America! We got checked through and then Major Hassel took us to their non denominational chapel and we had a little lesson which was super good! I feel bad for him because he isn't able to make it to church and he says he really misses it. The spirit was really strong teaching him and I knew that what we were doing was super important. Then after the lesson we went and had American Pizza, wings and breadsticks! It was awesome! Pizza here is good but there is just something about that good old American pizza that does it for me! Unfortunately the store was closed before we could make it there but next time we will be able to buy snacks and stuff. 
I found out that the soldiers and people at Bondsteel aren't allowed to take vacations in Kosovo because it's considered an active combat zone! I was like well we live out there 24/7! :)
  The craziness of branch council continues! Holy cow I'm so glad that I have learned to just laugh and appreciate the craziness. This is the second week in a row that our meeting has gone for 3+ hours. All it is is the missionaries and our branch president trying to figure out how to make this branch work! This church is so new here and to be honest it's hard to be a member here.  You honestly are risking your life!  It's hard to imagine things being normal here but we're just working hard and doing all we can.  Despite all the craziness I love Prishtina and wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now!!
Anyway I'm sorry not a lot to write about I love you all and I hope you have a great week!




Camp Bondsteel


Tank Crossing


I bought hipster glasses! :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment