Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Thursday, February 12, 2015

2nd Pday!

Weekly email numerat dy

    Well I'll tell you what this week was wayyyyyyy better than last week but at the same time I don't have as much to tell. I'll start with my rollercoaster of a thursday last P day. So it was going great and all and I got to read some emails but when I got back to my room and one of the Finns (they are basically our older brothers) came and told us that he was going home today. It was super sad because he has like miner OCD and had been struggling with anxiety and I guess he went to the councilor and they said if he went to field it would get worse. So we had to go see him off then a companionship in the Hungarian district was having some problems and the zone leaders had to authorize a temporary exchange and he slept in their room because he basically broke down. Pretty much everyone in the zone was sort of freaked out but luckily everything turned out alright! We also played ping pong because someone brought a net that attaches to tables and that was way fun. We finished teaching our "investigator" Anila and she came and talked to us in English about her experience and how she thought we did and she gave me a personal shout out and complimented me and said it felt like I was really interested so that's awesome! Weeks are definitely passing by quicker now which is awesome like its already week 3 by the MTC count so I'll be outa here in no time! Also this week our teacher told us when we got to Albania we would get new name tags with our names spelled phonetically with the Albanian alphabet so my new name with be Gajmen (with two dots over the e). Which is confusing but awesome. Also I heard a really good quote that made me even more excited to learn Albanian, "The language you were called to serve in is the language that you can best testify of the gospel in." or something to that effect. When I heard that I really felt the spirit so I know that that is true which gives me a lot of hope when I feel like its too much. Something kinda sad that happened was all the English speakers that came in to the MTC with us are now gone! But since then Jordan Lee has come in and Andrew Barton! So week one with the district felt great and all but now that we are over the whole "we don't know each other thing" some personalities are really coming out and the district isn't getting along quite as well as they used to. For me especially there is one sister that I am really struggling with and she actually made my companion full force punch a wall a couple days ago because he was so mad. Luckily he didn't break his hand on the brick wall but I think that I might need to talk with her. On the other hand we really get along with another companionship of sisters in my district and that is definitely a blessing. I actually did an illegal race, an 800 meter, the other day during gym because one of the sisters runs track for ISU and I definitely lost to her... I train every day now and am determined to beat her by the end of our stay here! You will have to thank Grandma and Grandpa Guymon for sending me a valentines because I don't have their emails! Also thank you for the package of apples (Jason)! Everyone was super weirded out but it really is awesome to have those! Also dad I don't know if you heard about this guy but he is here at the MTC right now and he is 6'7" 410lbs from Tonga. Like honestly this dude is huggggeeeeeeee and he's not fat like he is athletic! Apparently the coaches saw him playing basketball in Tonga and he played rugby there and he got offered a full ride to BYU even though he's never played football! I guess he's their biggest recruit ever or something! We only have 70lbs on him as a combined tripanionship!! I learned a new scripture that explains why everyone gets married so quickly at BYU and everyone in my zone says it all the time! If you are interested its 1 Cor 7:9. :)
The language is coming along pretty  well. I can pretty solidly say prayers and bear my testimony or do introductions. In our branch we have to write a talk every week and the branch president just randomly chooses people to give their talks after sacrament! Starting after week 4 you have to give your talk in your mission language!! It is good practice though for sure. 
I know one thing that is both a pro and con of being a District Leader is the branch presidency meetings where all the district leaders and branch president come and all talk about all the districts "dirty laundry". It's nice because we get to help people and I get to know who needs help but at the same time sometimes ignorance is bliss!
Also my companions wanted me to thank you for the food you have been sending! haha
 Again thank you for all the emails and prayers they are really big pick me ups and it means a lot to me!








No comments:

Post a Comment