Email Adam at adam.guymon@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Helllooooooo!

February 8, 2016

Helllooooooooo!


  I still feel so blessed to be able to open up the city of Lezhe!  I think it's going to see a lot of success, fingers crossed!

  So our number 1 our investigator, G. is still doing awesome!  He works at a factory that packages sardines and stuff. Like 12 hours a day! He is 26 and speaks Italian.  He came to church again and is excited to get baptized!!! We have just had so many awesome spiritual experiences with him, he is super cool! We taught him tithing and were a little worried about it and he didn't even think twice about it he was like of course I will! 

We also found a member in Lezhe! Some missionaries in Tirana told us they had a member in Lezhe so we called him and met up and he is a stud! He's been a member for 3 years and has the Melchizedek Priesthood and everything! He is so excited to have us in his city! We also found out there are a couple members in a town really close by that would come to Lezhe when we start a group there! So basically we went from starting from scratch to having a small priesthood base! It's like a super big deal!! He also wants to help us with lessons - which is awesome!

  Unfortunately the quest to find housing in that city still sucks!!! I swear there is always something that comes up where it's like super awesome.. exceppptttttttt _____ It's horrible! We have found a couple houses that are alright so 95% sure that next time I email we will be emailing from Lezhe and be living there full time because the senior couple gets here next Tuesday! I definitely don't want to do this for the rest of my mission though! 

Mini transfers were on Saturday night and Elder Anderson and I didn't think we were leaving so we weren't really worried about it because President only calls if someone is getting transfered so we were getting into bed when all of a sudden our phone went off and we were like ohhh crapp!!! So Elder Anderson answered and President was like Elder Guymon, he will be officially opening lezhe and he will be senior companion and he will be with Elder Anderson! I was like whewwwww President you scared me so bad!!!!
  
  Stake Conference is going to be on March 6th and Kosovo is coming to it so I realllyyyyyy hope that B. comes!! It's going to be amazing to see all my friends from Kosovo! 

  I finished the Book of Mormon because President Weidmann challenged us to read it in a week and as always I just got the most awesome feeling as I got to those last chapters of the book, every time I've read it those last chapters always just give me the strongest spirit confirming the book is true! So I finished it and I was like alright now I'm going back to reading through the new testament and I started it and then a couple days later we get a text from President commiting us to read the Book of Mormon in a month and to mark any scripture that talks about the Blessings and Power of the Atonement! It'll be awesome!
  Also something super awesome about Lezhe is there are a pretty good number of peace corps people there and we have met a lot of them I think. It honestly makes my day every time we see one of them and we get to talk to an American for a little! Alison and Roni, the couple that we met our first week there, told us they would love to have lunch with us anytime and we should just give them a call so I really want to do that! 

So we got new missionaries in Skhroder to replace the companionship that had to leave...one is Elder Farnsworth and he has grandparents that live in Randy and Krissy's ward so that's crazy! He is a super good kid, he is getting trained right now by Elder Lesi who is a stud Albanian missionary! 

  Anyway I'm doing awesome! I hope you all had a great super bowl sunday!! 
Love you all - have a great week!

Random pictures...



No comments:

Post a Comment